It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
I’m sure you’re all just as excited as we are for the holidays. It’s hard not to love spending time with family and friends, cheerful music wherever you go, and best of all, tasty treats to indulge in.
It’s well known that a classic Christmas treat is the gingerbread cookie. Whether you’re building and decorating a gingerbread house, or leaving a plate out by the tree for Santa to enjoy, it’s undeniable that these are a Christmas staple. This past week at Cambrian, our elves were busy in the kitchen whipping up a batch of Camlow™ gingerbread cookies. We had lots of fun baking and decorating the cookies, and even more fun spreading holiday cheer around the office as we handed out our cookies. We hope you enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed making!
Try the recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup of mollases
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1.64 g of Camlow BP
1. Whip butter in stand mixer.
2. Add dark brown sugar into butter and mix in mixer.
3. Add 1 egg and vanilla in mixer and mix.
4. Add molasses and oil into mixer and mix until uniform colour.
5. In a separate bowl, with a wisk, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
6. Add dry ingredients into standmixer and mix at low speed first until flour is incorporated.
7. Increase speed to form dough.
8. Wrap dough in seran wrap then refrigerate for 2+ hours.
9. Preheat oven to bake at 325 deg F.
10. Roll out dough until 1/4″ thick, then cut into desired shapes.
11. Place the dough shapes far apart (2″ radius) to allow for expansion.
12. Bake for 10-12 min then place on cooling rack for 1 hr.
13. For faster cooling, place cookies on cooling rack for 5 min, then in fridge for 10-15 min.
14. Decorate once cookies have completely cooled down.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
For more recipes, visit our YouTube channel!