As the Covid-19 outbreak continues to spread globally our thoughts are with those directly impacted. This remains an extremely fluid situation, and we feel it’s important to provide regular updates to our key stakeholders as follows:
- Our company’s priority remains the safety and wellbeing of our employees and their families. Accordingly, we are supporting basic hygiene practices with hand sanitizer available at all sites and avoiding exposure to others with respiratory issues. We have increased the frequency of site cleaning, expanded travel restrictions to protect employees from exposure in regions with a high number of outbreaks and restricted visitors to Maroon Group sites who have traveled in high risk regions.
- We are leveraging technology (MS Teams, webinars, etc.) where possible to limit internal and external meetings.
- A large number of industry events are being cancelled or postponed. For those that are not cancelled, we are restricting attendance at events with large international contingents or those deemed higher risk.
- Our sites remain open and operating as normal ensuring we have the appropriate levels of support and service in place for our customers. We’ve developed contingency plans to ensure we are prepared for a wide range of challenges arising from the outbreak.
- We’re in close communication with our customers and principals regards restrictions they have in place at their sites and our commercial teams are adapting accordingly.
- We are receiving goods from China with factories continuing to come back on stream resuming normal operations. Asian logistics remain challenged based on the availability of sea freight containers. Our Principal Management Team is in regular communication with key principals around the globe to ensure continuity of supply and mitigate risks for our customers.
We will continue to closely monitor the advice provided by the CDC and WHO and will take additional measures as appropriate. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your Maroon Group representative or Scott Simmons, Maroon Group’s Director of Safety, Compliance & Sustainability at [email protected]