PureSea™- Naturally Innovative Seaweed Ingredients
What comes to mind when you think of seaweed as an ingredient? Maybe you think of sushi or seaweed salad? Most people don’t realize that this highly nutritious ingredient is much easier to incorporate into a diet than they would guess. That’s right, the nutritional and flavourful benefits of seaweed are not just limited to traditionally Asian dishes. PureSea™ seaweed powder can be easily incorporated into an assortment of applications ranging from savoury snacks to baked goods to the ever-growing vegan product sector.
What is PureSea™?
PureSea™ is made from wild-harvested seaweed from the pristine sea lochs of the Scottish Outer Hebrides. The seaweed is carefully dried and milled into a powder using International Patent Pending technologies. This powder can be used as a flavour and nutritional enhancer.
PureSea™ Natural is a fantastic way to bring the “taste of the sea” into applications, particularly for “vegan seafood” like crab-less crab cakes, vegan tuna, or vegan fish sticks.
PureSea™ Smoked alternatively offers a smoked flavour to savoury applications.
For applications looking for the nutritional benefits of seaweed without any flavour, PureSea™ Protect is a microencapsulated, flavourless seaweed ingredient.
PureSea™ is the only DNA authenticated seaweed, and every batch is fully traceable online using Seaweed & Co.’s Search your Seaweed tool. Their dedication to quality, safety, and traceability can assure you that you are getting the highest quality product possible from safe, clean sources.
Interested in the nutritional benefits of seaweed but don’t know where to start? Check out these amazing and delicious recipes that show the true versatility of this powerful ingredient.
We tried the Seaweed Savoury Biscuits last week and they were delicious – crumbly and perfectly paired with a cheese of your choosing.
Check out the recipe below or try one of Seaweed & Co.’s other recipes if you’re feeling adventurous.
- 60g of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp of Poppy Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp of Seaweed
- 60g Plain Flour
- 60g of Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C/Gas 4.
- Rub the butter into the flour and seaweed and other ingredients until resembles breadcrumbs, the dough should now start to come together.
- Knead it slightly to bring it fully together. Roll the dough out to approx. 0.5 cm thickness and cut out rounds with a pastry cutter.
- Chill the rounds for 30mins in the fridge.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chilled rounds on the tray and cook the biscuits for 5-10 mins on the middle shelf until slightly golden brown on the top.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Want to learn more about what seaweed can do for your application? Contact us!